Tuesday, July 24, 2012
philosophy not physics
posted on a man's formum
[quote]Do humans choose their actions freely, exercising their own power of will, or do external and prior causes (even the will of God) determine our acts?[/quote]
Chuck has been thinking about things and here is his post:
[quote] As for this, sounds more like philosophy than physics to me... With that said, I love philosophy and have read a lot of books about it. I think about the question above a lot, I have come to the belief that we act freely however I believe that there are pre-ordained events in our lives...our destiny if you will, and we as human beings have the freedom to make a choice that will effect our immediate future...I also feel that the end destination is the same regardless of the decision we make in our lives. The best example I can give would be to look at Rand McNally road map/atlas, when you're finding ways to get to your destination notice how there's many different roads or paths, there are shortcuts and scenic routes. Well I feel that's a great example on human life, filled with different paths we can take that will effect our trip, when we come to a crossroad we have to make a decision that can alter our trip but ultimately the destination will always remain the same.[quote] C.R.C.
altered lives by one choice...shortcuts are good when you're in a hurry and the scenic routes when it's more about the journey than the destination..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment