Thursday, August 2, 2012

Running on FUMES....

Yesterday was a day that I cringe to think about....I had to pay rent to my landlord and I checked my bank account while I was there. I can literally last maybe half a month more if I stretch everything down to the very last penny. This includes making the bare minimum on my credit card payments, paying in installments for my cell phone bill, and cutting out all unnecessary expenses: no gas in my empty tank. I even checked my motivational quote for today and it was all about getting an MBA....blah, blah, blah.... I am also running on fumes literally, as my account drops further, so do my emotions. Certain foods have become a luxury, I just don't have the $$ for them.. So therefore, nutrition-wise, my meager attempts at buying healthy foods is falling through faster than you can say...get a job.. Yes, I am attempting this great feat, do you know how hard it is to find reliable work in this economy...and yup, I know I just used the most often quoted phrase, "in this economy," feared by all job seekers and employers alike.. Rising gas prices, hiring freezes, you name it...this economy is headed toward the great recession faster than you can blink an eye. I don't care which party you are affiliated with and vote wholeheartedly for. Money makes the world go 'round. The bottom line is the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I can still scrape together two pennies, but barely. Most problems with this nation and people in general, can be boiled down to money and greed. Men want to "one up" their buddies and associates with who has the better vehicle and how many new "big boy toys" they can accumulate. Women want the latest fashion accessory, the most fabulous shoes, and expensive jewelry. Children have to have the latest new fad in toys and electronics. Teenagers must show off the latest fad in clothing. Young adults want to rent the exclusive apartments in the best neighborhoods. Brides-to-be must have the most expensive, exclusive wedding of their dreams. Grooms show off their fortitude in bed and how big and long their package is.. Newlyweds want the best in honeymoon vacations-long, expensive, and usually to some exotic beach. Mama-to-be either try to stay as skinny as possible or pig out to extremes. Pregnant ladies brag about whether they will deliver naturally without medicinal help or with an epidural. Ladies, still in the hospital, comment on cesarean section vs. vaginal delivery. Mothers want to argue over the nature vs. nurture, the big breastfeeding controversy, and how quickly their little one is reaching certain milestones. If I come across bitter, I'm not really...I am just literally running on fumes in all aspects of life....now, it's time for a nap....

No comments:

Post a Comment